Thursday, December 2, 2010

Got my GF started on Gundam modeling

My GF has never been into Gundam models. the main reason being the models vying for my time with her. So imagine my surprise when she ask me to buy one for her to build. She has been seeing me spray painting my models and found the process interesting. She ask me to get something cheap for her as this was her first model kit and she was afraid she will spoil it.

After bringing her to the shopping mall, she saw something that caught her eye. It was BB Senshi Sangokuden Sou Sou. Actually it is a China made 'copy'. I know getting it for your first model is quite lame. but she chose it, the main reason is that it costs only SGD$3.90. I did not see any harm as I was quite interested in the quality of the kits as well. Especially after I built the Military Soldier Unit as in one of the previous posts.

To my surprise, the quality of the kit is quite good actually, unlike the previous versions. Anyway my Gf dislike the original colour which was red. She sprayed it metallic blue instead. I found that it look quite nice actually. The lady may actually have talent for this. The pictures as below to share with you.


Take note that the 'Bandai' logo on the box has been replaced. 
Looks good beside my TV

It comes with a stand too

The sword and part of the helmet not painted yet.

My GF asked me to paint the sword for her!

She painted the feet and shoulder armor first.

I finally painted the sword as per her requirement.

Finally done!

Not bad for a 'copy'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...